The Institute for the Development and Financing of the State reported that, during the first quarter of 2019, Quintana Roo captured 111 million dollars of foreign investment, a figure that represents 34% of the total capture achieved in 2018.
The economic outlook is encouraging for the state, since an income of two billion dollars is expected between 2019 and 2021 for foreign direct investment. The positive factors valued by investors are: strategic geographic location, cultural diversity, business opportunities, airport infrastructure, transparency in the project process and legal certainty.
Investors from the United States, Canada, Spain and France focus their attention on Quintana Roo with development plans that range from the creation of state-of-the-art mega-resorts, vacation homes, shopping centers and hospitals to the modernization of theme parks and hotels in operation .
In October 2019, Quintana Roo hosted the 17th of the Mexico Summit of Business (Business Summit). The event served to promote networking in order to strengthen the business vision of local entrepreneurs. Similarly, the names of the 15 projects that will attract investment with a projection of success in the future were announced.
Paradisus Playa Mujeres. Hotel that belongs to the Meliá chain and is located ten minutes from Isla Blanca. Offer a wide variety of gastronomic proposals. It has a spa, gym and services with private butlers. It has the “Nature Included” concept so that its guests can relax in open areas or gardens.
2. Catalonia Costa Mujeres. A resort that has two swimming pools, 6 themed restaurants, 5 food courts, spa, gym, shops, a kids club, a theater and a disco. It is the fifth in the Riviera Maya.
3. Majestic Elegance Playa Mujeres. The Majestic Resorts chain opened in Mexico during 2019 with a five-star complex that has 570 rooms, a spa, gym, jacuzzi, theater, club and nightclub.
4. Sunscape Star Cancun. AMResorts is committed to a project focused on children and adolescents so that they enjoy activities such as the Explorer’s Children's Club and the Youth Core Zone. It also has a surf pool.
5. Sunscape Akumal Beach Resort & Spa. It is located near the archaeological zones of Tulum and Cobá, paradise point of the Riviera Maya. The design includes 350 rooms and suites designed to enjoy the natural richness of the environment.
6. Canopy by Hilton Cancun La Isla. It is the first of the brand in Mexico and the second in Latin America. The plus of this project, which consists of 175 rooms, is that its location is inside the largest shopping plaza in Cancun.
7. Now Natura Riviera Cancun. Another novelty of the AMResorts chain. This resort has 556 rooms and a water park. Its design fuses modernity with elements of nature such as a lazy river and waterfalls. An innovation is the spa that resembles the cenotes of the region.
8. Gamma Cancun Downtown. It was released in mid-2019. Geographically, it is perfectly located between the hotel zone and public beaches. It has restaurants, swimming pool and rooms for meetings or conferences.
9. Palmïa. It aims to become a benchmark for sustainable luxury. Located in the Playacar complex, in Playa del Carmen, the property is distinguished by having 314 Ocean-front Suites, a special beach 700 meters long and a jungle spa.
10. Barceló Maya Riviera. With the recent start of operations, the complex has 850 rooms, spa, swimming pool, five bars and five restaurants to provide comfort from the traditional.
11. KASA Hotel Riviera Maya. Luxury boutique hotel located in Puerto Aventuras, luxurious area of residence in the Riviera Maya. Guests enjoy the marina with its activities, as well as the golf course designed by Tom Lehman, a famous American golfer.
12. Senator Riviera Cancun Spa Resort. The Spanish chain Senator will open the doors of this 5-star complex in 2020 with an offer of 1,044 rooms, which means great demand coverage for international tourism.
13. High Specialty Hospital. The Canadian company K&A has signed an agreement for the historic investment of $ 240 million in the city of Chetumal. It also announced the construction of a rehabilitation center with Canadian health standards and a housing complex for communities of retirement age.
14. The Mayan Train. Its route includes a tour of five states in the country that translate into 15 tourist destinations in the Mexican southeast. It will boost real estate businesses, generate jobs, boost the regional economy and develop infrastructure with basic services to improve the quality of life of the inhabitants.
15. Airports The Airport Group of the Southeast (Asur) announced that its investment plan for the 2019-2023 period will be 6,164.1 million pesos for the airports of Cancun and Cozumel in order to streamline and promote the mobilization of domestic and foreign tourists. The expansion of Terminal 1 in Cancun and the construction of a hotel are planned. For Cozumel, facilities maintenance and project creation in its immediate vicinity are estimated.
EL NIDO is a development of premium apartments, built with high technology and offering privacy and wide spaces, attractive price.